Saturday, June 28, 2008

First tomato!


I couldn’t believe it when my dad told me that someone in the Chicago area got their first tomato! Then, she sent me proof. It definitely looks like a homegrown beauty. What a prize it is, snuggled and protected in that plush container. She is a waitress at Sparky’s restaurant. I wonder if she shared it with her regulars?

I am anxious for my little green ones to turn red. My dad gave me a vigorous little plant in May. I didn’t plant it outside for a few weeks after that because of the cool weather. (sounds like I am making excuses... I am.)
I know it will be worth the wait.

1 comment:

momoney said...

Ooh, my mouth is drooling already! A home grown Chicago area tomato ready to eat in June? My tomatoes won't be ready for many weeks. What a savvy gardener! Take me to your leader!