Friday, June 20, 2008

Asiatic Lilies


I had to share this recent photo of my Asiatic Lilies 'Lollipops'. Asiatic lilies are another workhorse in my gardens. Their foliage is sturdy and hardy enough to hold up their cheery blooms, except for a few that I have seen and grown. They also weather well through our rough unforgiving winters. My biggest negative remark would be I wish they bloomed longer or again. Wishful thinking on my part and probably only because they have such fantastic flowers with exquisite markings or with unbelieveable fragrance. Their neat foliage stays clean and nice throughout the growing season to make a great backdrop for other flowering plants. If you haven't tried them, please do. If you have, I would love to hear which ones are your favorites. ----Carol

No comments: