Thursday, July 3, 2008

Praying for a Cure

Help is on its way! Last night I spied a small praying mantis walking gingerly across my kitchen ceiling. Without hesitation, I snatched a piece of paper and offered it as a new route for the tiny insect. Lucky for me, the mantis must have liked the new choice because it immediately walked on to the page. If you have read any of our past blogs you would know the sad fate of my ornamental rhubarb...aphids! You can probably guess where I was heading with my new passenger. I had been praying for a cure since I first saw those pesky aphids multiplying on the underside of the lush enormous leaves of my prized rhubarb. Little did I know it would come from my kitchen ceiling in the form of a uniquely shaped insect, the praying mantis! I love it when my prayers are answered!

No comments: